Endurance Repeaters Pyramids – Contents
- Endurance Repeaters Pyramids – Introduction
- Endurance Repeaters Pyramids – Basic Concept
- Endurance Repeaters Pyramids – Practical explanation
- Training stimulus of the Endurance Repeaters Pyramids
- Lactic capacity training (>100% CF)
- Anaerobic threshold training (85 – 100% CF)
- Maximum oxygen consumption training (85 – 100% CF)
- Aerobic threshold training (70 – 85% CF)
- Climbing endurance training common adaptations
- Endurance Repeaters Pyramids – things to consider
- Endurance Repeaters Pyramids training cycle excel spreadsheet
- Endurance Repeaters Pyramids – Summary
Endurance Repeaters Pyramids - Introduction
So far, in my articles, I've been explaining how to perform finger strength and forearm endurance tests for rock climbing . Having reliable test results is great for identifying your weak spots and benchmarking your climbing progress.
However, the main power of performing finger strength and finger endurance measurements is that they allow you to design your targetted rock climbing training plans. In my future posts, I'll explain planning finger strength and endurance training cycles in detail. But before you can design a complete training cycle, you need to know the training drills that are the building blocks of your training sessions.
I covered many basic protocols in my early articles, like the MaxHangs, IntHangs, Bechtel's Ladders, and Endurance Repeaters . However, over the years, as I gained experience in coaching climbers, I've developed my versions of the protocols, which I've found to be even more effective and time-efficient. I want to share this knowledge with you, and in this post, I'll start by explaining my version of Endurance Repeaters, which I call Endurance Repeaters Pyramids.
Buy a Premium Subscription to unlock!
Endurance Repeaters Pyramids - Summary
The Endurance Repeaters Pyramids is a very flexible exercise for building aerobic and anaerobic endurance required for high-level sport and trad climbing.
By appropriately controlling the training load and training volume, we can target the following:
- Lactic capacity
- Anaerobic threshold
- Maximum oxygen consumption
- Aerobic threshold
I've been successfully using the Endurance Repeaters Pyramids training method with my clients for years, obtaining significant improvements in Critical Force, which translated directly to sport climbing performance. Please try this technique and let me know your results!
- J. Banaszczyk, StrengthClimbing – Finger Strength Measurements For Rock Climbers Made Easy!, Feb. 17, 2023. (link)
- J. Banaszczyk, StrengthClimbing – How To Test Rock Climbing Finger Endurance – Simple Guide, Feb. 17, 2023. (link)
- J. Banaszczyk, StrengthClimbing – Eva López MaxHangs Hangboard Routine For Finger Strength, Apr. 29, 2019. (link)
- J. Banaszczyk, StrengthClimbing – Eva López IntHangs Strength Endurance Fingerboard Protocol , Apr. 24, 2019. (link)
- J. Banaszczyk, StrengthClimbing - Steve Bechtel’s 3-6-9 Ladders hangboard finger strength training, May 18, 2019. (link)
- J. Banaszczyk, StrengthClimbing – Endurance Repeaters – Forearm Aerobic Endurance Hangboard Routine, May 2, 2019.(link)